Who am I?I am a certified Microsoft enthusiast with a strong focus on migrations, SCCM and scripting / automation with PowerShell. I really enjoy to automate all parts of an IT organization (Active Directory, Data Migration, Printer Migration, Login Scripts, Application Deployment and much more). Contact me if you have any questions, you have a nice work opportunity for me or just want to chat.
What am I currently up to?I am currently working on my certifications for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 and playing around with Hyper-V and DSC (Desired State Configuration) in my lab environment.
Grab a Quick Copy of my vCard
Below is an overview of the skills I am most proficient in.
PowerShell Automation (AD, Data Migration, App Deployment, DSC, SCCM, etc.)
SCCM (Design, Implementation, Configuration, Troubleshooting and Automation)
SQL (Automation, Queries and Reports)
English (Bilingual proficieny)
German (Limited working proficiency)
Below is an overview of all the contracting projects I am currently working on and have worked on during my employment via my own company: Hican.
It also gives an overview of all my previous employers and the projects I worked on during that time.
April 2012 - Present (Self-Employed)
Design and implement SCCM 2012 within the environment based on a DTAP (Development, Test, Acceptance, Production) principle. Responsible for the total SCCM 2012 migration including the Desktop Rollout, Laptop Rollout, Building the Desktop and Laptop images, configure BitLocker and more.
Develop migration tools (mainly with PowerShell) to do the following.
– Migrate the contents of the old SCCM 2007 to the new SCCM 2012 implementation
– Migrate user & department data
– Migrate applications
– Migrate printers
– Automate the creation of Virtual Machines in VMWare and import them in SCCM for an automated installation
– Build an automation tool for SCCM 2012, Teleworking and more
– Build an Encryption / Decryption Tool to safely distribute privacy data across different kind of platforms / networks.
– And more…
Design, implementation and automation of a Microsoft environment, mainly focused on SCCM 2007 and the cooperation with all other infra related components (AD, DNS, BizTalk, Sharepoint, DPM, etc). My responsibilities were:
– Build / write installation and automation scripts for all server (component) deployments.
– Quality and control on all (PowerShell) scripts regarding functionality, error handling, uniformity in design, proper comments on functions, etc.
– Get colleagues up to speed on current and new scripts and the way they had to be build.
Give advise / input / tips on the way of working regarding the migration of the current Windows 7 32-bit clients to the new 64-bit clients. My responsibilities are:
– Build the new 64-bit image within the SCCM 2007 environment. The image solution must be suitable and enabled for a smooth transition to SCCM 2012 in a couple of months.
– Advise on the image build, the way packages are build and deployed, how SCCM is configured, etc.
– Advise on how to setup and handle the OSD Deployments and TaskSequences (again within SCCM 2007 and with a focus on the migration to SCCM 2012).
April 2007 - April 2012
Administer the SMS 2003 and SCCM 2007 environment for all 20+ countries. Next to that automate / script (VBS / PowerShell) a lot of tasks to make work easier and better controllable (application cleanup, rapid application deployment, Active Directory user creation and cleanup, Active Directory migration regarding the implementation of RBAC Active Roles, logon scripts, etc) and take care of the total migration of Office 2003 to Office 2010.
– Server 2003, 2008 R2
– SMS 2003 / SCCM 2007
– RBAC Active Roles
– 11000+ users / clients
– 600+ applications (MSI)
– 70% PowerUser / LocalAdmin, 20+ different desktop and laptop models
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Installation & Configuration
- MCITP: Enterprise Administrator on Windows Server 2008
- MCSA: Microsoft Windows Server 2003
- CCA for Citrix XenApp 6
- CCA for Citrix XenApp 5 for Windows Server 2003
Methods and Processes
- ITIL v3 Foundation
- Prince2 Foundation
- Togaf 9
- RES PowerFuse Series 8
- Consultancy Skills Level 1
- B Eng, MediaTechnology, Grade 9
Please don’t hesitate to contact me for more information about my projects, my availability, my skills or just a friendly chat!